INFOR Financial Inc. is currently seeking an Analyst to join our Investment Banking team in our downtown Toronto office.
If you are interested in a career with INFOR Financial please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
INVESTMENT BANKING ANALYST
Location: Toronto, ON
Seniority Level: Analyst
Industry: Financial Services – Investment Banking
Employment Type: Full-time
September 22nd, 2017
INFOR Financial Inc. is seeking an Analyst to join our Investment Banking team in our downtown Toronto office. INFOR Financial is a leading independent merchant and investment bank based in Toronto. We operate within two areas of business: investment banking and asset management. The culture of our firm is centered on partnership, optimism, passion and hard work.
INFOR Financial’s investment banking division offers advice on mergers and acquisitions, risk management, corporate restructurings, derivative hedging strategies and capital raising. Despite only beginning operations in March 2015, INFOR Financial ranked 1st amongst independent Canadian investment dealers in M&A advisory league tables for 2015.
You will gain thorough exposure to the firm’s businesses and gain knowledge of the investment banking industry while developing important analytical and communication skills. Analysts are expected to take on an outsized level of responsibility.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of technical and valuation analysis, proven ability to take initiative, possess exceptional communication and presentation skills, demonstrate academic excellence and have an excellent attention to detail.
Specifically, you will:
• Work closely with other Analysts, Associates and VPs in the investment banking team;
• Work closely with other senior bankers and experts from various groups in Canada and the United States;
• Conduct financial modelling, various financial and strategic analyses, discounted cash flow analysis, comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis and evaluate other industry metrics as required;
• Perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis and industry research;
• Build and maintain detailed financial models and industry databases;
• Assist in preparing extensive written documents including transaction documentation / proposals, pitch-books and company information documents for business development and marketing purposes;
• Assist in transaction execution tasks as required; and
• Other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this opportunity, you:
• Have an undergraduate degree in business, finance or another related field;
• 1-2 Years’ experience
• Demonstrate an interest in finance and the capital markets;
• Have a proven academic track record of strong performance in analytical and financial courses;
• Possess excellent written & verbal communication skills;
• Possess quantitative and analytical skills with an interest in financial analysis and modeling;
• Have a highly motivated, committed and responsible attitude, with a demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and requests in a demanding work environment;
• Possess the ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team;
• Are a quick learner with very strong attention to detail;
• Possess exceptional proficiency with MS Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint), Capital IQ, and Bloomberg; and
• CFA designation completed or in progress is considered an asset
• The position offers a competitive compensation package.
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check. You must also perform to a high ethical standard, including adherence to INFOR’s Standards of Business Conduct and other applicable internal policies.
Application Requirements: To apply, please forward your cover letter, resume, and transcripts in a single PDF file quoting the position by Friday, September 29th at 5:00 PM EDT to [email protected] Please note that only those who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview.
INFOR’s Policies: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We are committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees are based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and other demonstrated abilities. We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates of the visible minority community, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and women.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.